Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Explaining my interests

One of my favorite things to do is to watch movies. It doesn't matter if I'm alone, with one friend, or 50 friends. I easily get drawn into movies. I would consider watching movies a well-rounded activity. It combines relaxing, excitement, stimulus, and hanging out with friends. I like watching these movies in my home though, movie theaters are too public to enjoy the movie completely. To watch a movie I want to be comfortable and feel at home. My method of watching movies extracts the realism of the movies so that I feel like I am right in the room with the actors. For the time that I am watching a movie, no matter how fictitious it is, it becomes a very vivid truth and very much real life. Whiplash is a good example where I place myself in the scenes with the actors. I connected with the main character and throughout the movie I felt everything that he felt along the way. When his instructor told him that he played like shit. So he made playing the drums his entire life. He worked for hours until his hands were bleeding and I could feel his frustration when he would make a mistake. It all added to the effect of the movie. I made myself apart of the movie so I felt the effect of every word, every betrayal, every failure, every accomplishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment