Thursday, February 4, 2016

Reflection on Writing Project I

Peer reviewing in this class was different from peer reviewing I have done in other classes. I never reviewed papers with a partner and never had a group review my paper. The questions were short but got to the point so that the reviewer could easily understand the general structure the paper should be taking and also to help figure out if the author of that paper was fulfilling that structure. Not only did reviews help to fix my draft but seeing the mistakes others made, helped to realize the error in the way I had structured mine. Even if the reviewers half-assed it, it was two of them so the forced collaboration really helped to get something helpful out of every review. In reference to the original design plan, my essay did go along those parameters but did not go as in depth into the outside sources as originally planned. The topics I mentioned in the design plan were covered briefly to explain a possible reasoning for the behavior of the people around me. That was the goal on how I was going to incorporate the outside source, however, going more in depth in the source independently could have helped the audience form some of their own assumptions. Those assumptions could have helped the author to build more background and to more easily reach my level of understanding and see my perspective more clearly. I wrote about the tendency of human nature but focused on typical behavior of kids. This was not the plan at first, but once it manifested itself on paper, it proved to be a better route, in my perspective. I introduced the source as tendencies of human nature which left it vague and a bit unrelated as it was supposed to be but then when I actually began to associate the source and the memoir together, it made it easy to make a clear connection between the two. Focusing on the one aspect helped to meld the source and memoir and bring the two to a point and end the paper at a high when both aspects of the paper are the most blended. 

No comments:

Post a Comment