Saturday, March 19, 2016

Blogs on Review process (300+ words)

 This paper was difficult to start then I got advice from Dr. Wielgos. He helped me to get a good outline of how to transition from topic-to-topic. I refined my topic and put it into simpler words that would make for an easier writing process. My design plan was actually similar to the final paper. I feel as if I just had worded the original design plan weird because I took a long time for me to be able to get anything started but once I got help with transitioning my paper, it was clear how to move forward. I feel like the review process did not help me much this time around. All they could tell me was to add more information, like I didn’t already know that. It was not a full draft, it was the big main ideas of each topic. It just seemed like they just told me really obvious things that I already knew. My final paper was built well, I thought. It went through the topics as planned and actually accomplished my goal for the paper. My goal for the paper was to inform. The topic of my paper was stress and strategies to beat it. The important thing to note about stress was that it affects everyone differently. So I had to give people some kind of measure to compare themselves against so that they could begin to understand themselves before they go out and try to figure out how stress affects them. I don’t think it is possible for people to  figure out how something affects them without having some sort of understanding about themselves. It’s actually really simple addition. If you do (understanding of self) + (everything you learned about stress) = (effects of stress on you). When you acquire a self-understanding you figure out the parameters of who you are as a person and with that you can find where there are weaknesses and the soft spots where you are vulnerable to negativity, too much pressure, too much stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment